2018 Toyota RAV4 Review, Price, Release Date
The 2018 Toyota RAV4 is a compact, 5-seat crossover SUV with a spacious interior. It offers standard front wheel drive or all-wheel drive. It has electric power assisted steering and comes in several trim levels, namely LE, SE, Adventure, XLE, Limited, and Platinum. The new Adventure trim has been gaining a lot of reviews because of its upgraded specs and off-roading capabilities. It comes with an all-weather rubber floor and a full Tow Prep package. The Adventure will be available in Black, Magnetic Grey Metallic, Silver Sky Metallic, Super White and Ruby Flare Pearl.
The RAV4 Adventure offers powerful features and a sturdy body, including:
- Black alloy wheels, with 5 spokes and a height of 18 inches
- Front-Wheel Drive with Automatic Limited-Slip Differential (Auto LSD)
- Large overfender flares
- Standard integrated black roof rails for gear
- Black-accented power heating mirrors
- Halogen projector-beam headlights with auto on/off feature
- Front bumper integrated fog lights
- Colour-keyed outside door handles
- Front and rear silver-painted bumper garnish
- Unique Adventure mudguards
The RAV4 offers comfort with elegance, combining an exceptional roominess with standard comforts such as a heated steering wheel, heated power front seats and power-adjustable front and passenger seats. Other interior elements include:
- Multiple driver-assist cameras including a backup camera, and Bird’s Eye View Cameraoffering Perimeter Scan and overhead 360-degree view in Drive and Reverse
- Cruise control
- Steering wheel-mounted paddle shifters
- Unique doorsill protectors and floor mats
- Eight cup/bottle holders
- A Cold Weather package that includes a windshield de-icer
- Heated power front seats
One of the most prominent features of the RAV4 is the space it offers. The massive cargo space is increased to almost 74 cubic feet with the rear seats folded. This makes it a great car for adventurous types who have a lot of gear to pack, and even for people who travel often. It has been known to fit a whole room’s worth of things, so it is ideal if you’re the market for a spacious car.
The entertainment and navigation system includes Bluetooth connectivity, a reversing camera, Toyota’s Entune infotainment system with a 6.1-inch touchscreen, smartphone integration for navigation, and a 4.2-inch multi-information display.
Other notable specs that add to the car’s appeal include:
- Average curb weight of 3500 pounds
- sport-tuned suspension
- hands-free sensor-activated rear hatch
Safety and Security
Safety features include the Toyota Safety Sense-P, a suite of active safety and driver assistance features with services such automatic emergency braking, forward collision warning, pedestrian detection, adaptive cruise control, lane departure alert, and automatic high beams.
The RAV4’s engine is a Regular Unleaded I-4 with the previous model’s 2.5 Lpowertrain remains the same for 2018—resulting in a 2.5-liter inline 4-cylinder engine coupled with a 6-speed automatic transmission for an output of 176 hp and 172 lb-ft. of torque.
Reviews and Reception
Overall the reception to the model has been positive. The model has been acclaimed for its spacious build, regenerative and mechanical braking and off-roading facilities, but may be behind its other competitors due to the finish and exterior build quality. The competitors include the Honda CR-V, the Nissan Rogue, the Hyundai Tucson, the Ford Escape and the Mazda CX-5.
2018 Toyota RAV4 Price and Release Date
The price of the RAV4 comes up to $35,000 with upgraded specs. It arrived in showrooms in September 2017, with more rollouts for the remainder of the year.